Avisit to Silenus Winery introduces guests to our own Silenus Estate wines, as well as the wines crafted at our production facility by our circle of boutique Napa Valley vintners. We offer extremely small-batch, premium wines, rarely found outside of the Napa Valley.
A tasting lasts approximately one hour and includes a flight of six wines. Our menu rotates often, making each tasting experience unique.
Our modern tasting room offers a relaxed and comfortable setting in which to taste, with floor to ceiling windows that highlight the view to our estate vineyards as well as the view into our impressive barrel room. Tastings are available with a variety of options for our visitors including outdoors on our patio and sit down tastings in our indoor glass private tasting room.
Silenus’s “Eat Like a Local” picnic program is available with any reservation. Bring your own food and we supply you with a beautiful setting, a picnic basket, utensils, wine glasses and everything you need to enjoy an afternoon picnic under the beautiful oak trees. Complimentary use of our bocce ball court is included.
Our staff has put together a list of their favorite local “to go” delis and restaurants many of which are old Napa institutions only known by locals. Silenus believes in supporting many of these small family owned business and uses their services for many of their catering events. All recommendations are within a 5 mile radius of our winery and the guest is responsible for ordering and picking up their food items
RECOMMENDED PICNIC PURVEYORS
Genova Deli: A vintage family run deli offering some of the best sandwiches in town and fresh homemade raviolis with meat sauce. 1550 Trancas St, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 253-8686
Villa Corona: This favorite stand-by offers hearty Mexican cuisine. Family owned and operated since 1972. 3614 Bel Aire Plaza, Napa, 707 257 8685
La Taquiza Fish Tacos: A great spot for Baja style cuisine. The best fish tacos in the valley. 2007 Redwood Road, Napa, 707-224-2320
Food Shed Take Away: Farm-to-table pit stop/bottle shop with select pizza, locally roasted coffee & prepared meals to go. 3385 Old California Way, Napa, 707-255-3340
THE TASTING ROOM IS RE-OPENING FRIDAY, JUNE 12TH
After receiving clearance from the state of California, we are excited to announce that we can resume wine tastings at Silenus Winery, effective this Friday, June 12th!!!
We will of course be taking lots of measures to protect the health and safety of our guests and employees.
Please read our new list of policies before making an appointment to come and visit.
- Tastings & picnics will all be by appointment only. Please call the tasting room 707-299-3930, use our LiveChat feature at www.silenusartisanvintners.com, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Our new hours of operation will be Thursdays through Mondays 10am-4pm. We will be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Tastings will be held primarily outdoors and space will be extremely limited. Please book as far in advance as possible.
- At this time, we will not be hosting groups larger than 6 people.
- Our picnic area will still be available, but our new policy is that guests choosing to picnic (without doing a wine tasting) will be required to purchase 1 bottle of wine per every 2 people in their group. In addition, there will be a $10 per person charge for anyone wishing to use the picnic area (charge applies to guests that picnic after tasting) which will guarantee you a table for up to 2 hours. Wine Club Members will still be able to use the picnic area free of charge.
- Our bocce ball court will also be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Only one group will be permitted to use the court at any given time.
- We will be requiring all guests and staff to wear face masks. Once you are seated and your wine tasting has begun, you will no longer be required to wear the mask. However, you will need to wear one anytime that you are not seated at your table. Guests will not be permitted to enter the winery without a mask.
- We will be requiring everyone to sign a waiver of liability and present a valid I.D. at the time of arrival.
- Our staff will be sanitizing tasting areas, restrooms, and high touch surfaces frequently.
- We will be setting up additional handwashing/sanitizing stations for guests.
- Any guest displaying or reporting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the winery.
- We are encouraging everyone over the age of 65 and those in high-risk categories to stay home.
- The safety of our guests is our top priority. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Features six wines.
Mix of white, rosé, and red.
waived with purchase of 2+ bottles.
All White Tasting
Features six white/rosé wines
(please call to request)
waived with purchase of 2+ bottles.
Features six of our top of the line Reserve wines (Majority red wines).
waived with purchase of 3+ bottles.
Complete your experience by adding a picnic to any of our tasting experiences listed above. Bring your own food and we will supply you with a table, picnic basket, wine glasses, plates, napkins, and utensils (if needed). Complimentary use of our bocce ball court is included on a first-come, first-serve basis.
TASTING & PICNIC: $10 PER PERSON IN ADDITION TO PRICE OF TASTING FEE. THIS GUARANTEES YOU A TABLE FOR UP TO 2 HOURS.
(ADD ON FEE NOT WAIVED WITH BOTTLE PURCHASES)
PICNIC ONLY: $10 PER PERSON PLUS A REQUIRED PURCHASE OF A MINIMUM OF 1 BOTTLE OF WINE PER EVERY 2 PEOPLE IN PARTY. THIS GUARANTEES YOU A TABLE FOR UP TO 2 HOURS.
WINE CLUB MEMBERS MAY USE THE PICNIC AREA FREE OF CHARGE!!!
Wine Club Perks
Silenus Wine Club Members receive:
- Complimentary wine tastings for up to four people per visit.
- Complimentary use of our picnic area and bocce ball court.
- Two complimentary tickets to all winery events.
- Discounts on all wine purchases up to 20%
- Access to exclusive wines not sold in the tasting room
Please call or email the tasting room to schedule a visit
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Open Tuesdays and Wednesdays with advance reservation.
5225 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558